dinsdag 13 juni 2017

LUDUS | FASHIONCLASH Festival 2017

Meet Dragan Hristov, the designer behind LUDUS. He originally comes from Skopje, Macedonia but he studied on the Academy of Fine Arts - Brera in Milan, Italy. Despite his aversion towards fashion environments, Dragan found fashion to be his language, thereby ending up working in the industry. He is currently involved in the preparation of a performance with his latest collection called "#Imperfections", at the medieval mall in his hometown. The performance will take place at the end of May 2017, and it will involve two artists who will bring garments from the 1930s to life. He is also involved in curating local fashion events in his town. Dragan has a cat named Pucko and he misses him dearly whenever he leaves his home. His favorite city is Milan, and due to his upbringing he does not have any idols. He also feels that pleasure should not make anyone guilty, therefore he does not have a guilty pleasure per se.
Check out his and many other collections during this edition of our festival.
You can see the program and purchase the tickets here.



FC: What are so far your main achievements in your career?
Doing what I love and making a good living out of it. Not selling out.

FC: What are your biggest struggles as a young designer/artist?
My biggest struggle is obviously working with the fear of failing and trying to find the ‘flow’ to go with.

FC: What do you love the most about your profession?
The creation of a set of characters, either for a photo shoot or a show. It is as imaginative as being a playwright, a film author or a writer.

FC: How would you define fashion? 
A visual communication medium that unlike other art forms is extremely tactile and humane. And commercial.

FC: What fascinates/inspires you and why?
Everything I let in my eyesight, everything I choose to reflect upon. Music, film, Tv, books… Even nature or science.

FC: Finding your own distinctive voice can be difficult, where and how do you find your personal creativity (before you start designing/during the design process)? 
Usually I am two weeks late into producing it, and for me it starts with the previous collection and how to make it better.

FC: What challenges did you face during the design process?
It is a constant challenge to come up with patterns and shapes of clothes that will fit different body types, devoid of gender, age and occasion.

FC: What do you want to communicate with your work in general?
That clothes are fun, a complement to your body and character. It should make you feel more You. And you should not take yourself too seriously. Ludus means a joke, a game in latin.

FC: Can you tell us something about the project you will present at the FASHIONCLASH Festival?
The project is the latest spring-summer collection entitled Imperfections. It deals mainly with what perfect means in different professions, such as ballet or acting, for example. And the basic human reaction to mistakes, lack of order.

FC: What do you try to communicate with your project?
 It is an ongoing process trying to make clothes that sparkle some passion or enthusiasm about them. On the other hand they should reflect the clients' emotional stage at a certain time.

FC: Why have you decided to participate at FASHIONCLASH Festival? 
Fashionclash Festival seems like a well organized and high profile festival that treats fashion in a way that is not trivial. That is why I have chosen to participate.

FC: FASHIONCLASH is already working on future themes. What are the topics you find interesting? 
Bodies, skin and the alteration that new and future technologies will bring for them. Anything related to the physicality of the human in relation to their basic emotions.

FC: What are your thoughts regarding ‘religion and fashion’? 
Being an atheist I have never given much thought to the relation between fashion and religion, but lately I find any form of belief fascinating and respectful. I do not believe in Gods but I respect any form of belief. I admire discipline and I see it as conformity to rules and norms. I just wish it were for everybody.

FC: Does fashion make sense to you?
Honestly, not always. Especially nowadays. But believing in my work is predominant and drives me to pursue.

FC: What are your thoughts on making ‘fashion’ more environmentally-friendly? 
Every little consideration counts. I personally tend to have no remains when cutting the fabrics. I try to convince every client that buying one high quality piece instead of several fast fashion pieces is always better.

FC: What are your thoughts on the senses in relation to the human body?
It is inevitable to think of the human body, in any aspect of fashion, without the relation to the senses. They are meant to be provoked, teased and challenged to a game that will result in pure pleasure. 

FC: Do you think that fashion can contribute to a better world / better well-being, and what do you do to make a difference? 
At this moment I really don’t see this in the fashion industry. We have to remain determined to defy current social, economic systems in order to see some change.

FC: What senses are engaged in your creation process?
Firstly, I take into consideration the tactile experience. One of the main objectives is to work with natural fabrics that invite one to touch and interact with them. Then follow the other senses.

FC: How does technology change your creation process? 
I like to preserve some traditional authenticity to my clothes. Technology does not belong to me. At this stage I am really proud to be able to hold control over the manual process of production of my collections. I would be extremely unhappy if technology dominates my work.

FC: What’s a standard day for you? 
A lack of balance between working hours and leisure. Trying to make a normal lunch break between fittings and meetings, calls and warehouse visits. A glass of wine at the end.

FC: Vegan, vegetarian, healthy diet or any food will do?
Healthy diet.

FC: What’s your favorite song at the moment?
The Black Swan OST

FC: Best Tv-show/movie at the moment? 
Feud

FC: What is your bad habit?
Procrastinating, I believe it is called now. I was called lazy, all of my life.

FC: Are you a people's person or a loner? 
Both.

FC: What/Who do you miss the most when you are not at home?
My bed and my cat.

FC: If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Probably to a big city that will make me feel anonymous (not that I’m famous).

FC: What do you enjoy the most in life? 
Different things in different stages of my life. Now I get an enormous satisfaction of something good and of good quality that I have created.

FC: Favorite magazine?
Cereal, Acne Paper

FC: Your favorite hashtags #?
#agender #hospitalchic

FC: Your favorite social media app?
Instagram

FC: Instagram account you think deserves more attention?
Mine, of course

Dragan also has a website where you can purchase items from his collection, and read more about it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...