maandag 28 april 2014

Shana Teugels

Today we have the pleasure to introduce you to Shana Teugels, a Belgian contemporary jewelry designer. She will present her work at the exhibition.

Bohemian Rock, Shana Teugels
Hello, Shana! What inspires you in general? 
Nature and everything that’s faking it. 

What place or city do you find inspiring? 
I’d say a toy shop.

What is it like to be a young artist in your city/country? 
It’s fun and frustrating at the same time.

The FASHIONCLASH exhibition is curated under the theme of “Age.” How does your creation relate to this year’s theme? 
I feel like a child playing with different materials and ideas, and some of them refer to me being a young girl. There is no age to creating and playing around.


How and why did you become an artist? 
I became an artist by wanting it, and putting a lot of work into it. And why? I just followed my intuition.

Do you have a muse? If yes, who is it and why? 
Yes, my bunny-rabbit Eddy, because she is so cute. It inspires me.

What is on your playlist when you are working? 
I listen to Radio Minerva, an old people’s radio of Antwerp, and night core.

What is the latest thing you bought for yourself? 
Some flower seeds and pots for my window-sill.

Necklace of Mother of Pearl, Shana Teugels
What is your favorite fairy tale? 
The Little Mermaid, obviously.

What made you smile today? 
My boyfriend.

Twitter or Instagram? 
Facebook.

What is your definition of style? 
Being yourself and being true to your own taste.

What can we expect from you in the future? 
Lots of jewelry and projects, hopefully.

Shana's website: www.shanateugels.com
Pictures: Shana Teugels

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...