dinsdag 22 april 2014

"Plùs que ma vìe" by Andrea Lazzari, menswear from Italy

Preview of the Labyrinth collection
Meet Andrea Lazzari! He is 22 years old and comes from Venice, Italy. He specializes in menswear and his brand, Plùs que ma vìe, is based in Mestre, next to Venice. Andrea Lazzari will be presenting his collections during the fashion show and the designer market.

What inspires you in general? 
My inspiration starts within myself. All the things that come through my mind are then assimilated with art and the world that surrounds me.

What place or city do you find inspiring? 
If I were to say a European city, I’d say Copenhagen. On another continent, it would have to be New York. If I were to say a particular place, I would say my room and its silence.

What is it like to be a young designer in your city/country? 
People that surround me are very curious and interested in what I do. My work and the choices I make are often regarded as a reference point.






Andrea Lazzari

What attracts you about the FASHIONCLASH platform? 
The most interesting for me is that I can showcase my collection in front of a large public. After all, important press members and buyers will be there. I’m also really looking forward to having a direct contact with the public at the market. I’m not going to lie, I expect a lot from the event.

Your fall/winter 2014-15 collection is based on the concept of Labyrinth. Can you tell us more about this? 
My Fall/Winter 2014-15 is a dreamlike reaction to the Labyrinth. Here, the Labyrinth represents the restrictions and the closed mindedness of contemporary society, but also fashion and the stereotypes that are imposed in our daily lives. My collection liberates the bodies from all those restrictions: it offers a possible exit from the labyrinth. The classical and the formal are set aside and the focus is on the creation of a new stylish man. His imagination, creativity and personality are put forward.

How did you explore restrictions and stereotypes of contemporary society? 
I explore those themes through the choice of fabric and the choice of lines. What I want to highlight is how you can break the stereotypes of fashion by not fitting into a certain “box.”

How you would describe your years at the Marangoni Institute? 
My years there have allowed me to reach a certain level of maturity, professionally but also personally. It will always remain a great memory for me. It turned me into the person I am today. 

Describe your collection in three words: minimal, innovative, aseptic

Did you always want to work in the field of fashion? 
Definitely. I have always been interested in style, fashion and design. When I turned 16, I knew I wanted to work in that field.

Can you remember the first piece you designed? 
Yes, it was an asymmetric black jacket. I made it when I was 18.

Do you have a muse? If yes, who is it and why? 
I have never been fanatic about anyone or anything, so I guess I’ve never been inspired by a muse. I have a lot of different interests, and I draw inspiration from a thousand characters, personalities and world views.

What kind of feeling do you want to transfer with your latest collection? 
I want to communicate feelings of uniqueness, eccentricity and elegance.

What is on your playlist when you are working? 
I love music so I have many different playlists. Right now, I listen mainly to Dense & Pike, Jon Hopkins and Moderat.

What is your favorite fashion designer? 
Hedi Slimane since Dior Homme.

What is the latest thing you bought for yourself? 
A beautiful hat from Borsalino.

What is your definition of style? 
For me, style is everything uncommon. It should transmit emotions and be a source of inspiration.

What has been the greatest experience in your “fashion” career so far? 
I have several. Having a fashion show in Saint Petersburg, winning the Marangoni award, going to Copenhagen for a fair exhibition and all that without any contacts, are my greatest memories so far. 

What can we expect from you in the future? 
Of course, I really hope to grow as a designer, but I also wish to expand my network of contacts and find some sponsors. They are the one who would allow me to fulfill my dreams.

Andrea Lazzari's website: www.plusquemavie.com
Pictures: Andrea Lazzari

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...