dinsdag 23 april 2013

D.an.D Infinite by Danielle Dentener



Danielle Dentener is the founder of bag brand D.an.D infinte. 
The unique designs of different bags combine the inspiration of life and nature according to Danielle. 
She likes to observe people and get what people want from the observation. Starting from helping her mom with the work in the fashion store when Danielle was young, her  story of fashion begins.







Please introduce yourself to our readers
My name is Danielle Dentener, I’m 23, and live in Weert. I graduated as a fashion designer from the Willem de Kooning academy in Rotterdam in July 2012. I did a minor in textiles.


What inspires you in general?
It is really hard to say what inspires me. I think it could be everything that is around us. I don’t get the inspiration from one particular thing. I work at a big department store and I always observe what people are wearing and what they are carrying with them.


Where are you based?
For now I’m based at the attic of my house in Weert, but maybe in the future I will hire an atelier and I have already started to look for one.


What is it like to be a young designer in your city/country?
As probably every graduated designer knows, it’s really hard to be a young designer because there is not much work in this sector. But I think it has an up side too. I think it is really important to stay creative as a designer no matter what kind of job you do. Because most of my design (colleagues work in a shop or something else too) have to think of a way to stay creative and out there. And this results in a lot of small businesses which maybe can lead to something bigger.


What place/city do you find inspiring?
There are a lot of cities and places I find inspiring. I lived in London for 5 months and there were a lot of inspiring places over there. I love to go to Camden market. There is a cool punk ambiance. Also Portobello market has a very nice picturesque ambiance which I love too. Not even to mention all the nice handmade products that are sold there.


What is the concept behind your latest collection/creation?
You cannot really speak about a certain concept of the bag collection that I made for the FASHIONCLASH Maastricht side programs. The goal of my label is to make and consistant and ever growing collection of bags, which is recognizable as one big happy family.


Describe your collection/creation in three words
Infinite, contemporary and stylish.


Did you always wanted to work in the field of fashion?
My love for fashion started when I was young. My mom worked in a fashion store and when I was little she sometimes asked me if I wanted to help her for fun. That is when I started to know garments, fabrics and fashion. When I was older, I began to work in a fashion store on my own and that’s when I started wondering if I could make fashion myself. The rest is history.


Do you have a muse? If yes, who is it and why?
I’m not one of those girls that loves Kate Moss or the Olsen twins for their incredible feeling of style. In the end it is all about the garments they wear but not about their personalities. The one whom I really admire is Sofia Loren. She is the definition of femininity and class, not because of the garments she wears but just as a person. She reminds me of my grandmother in her older years.






Who is your favorite fashion designer?
I don’t have favorites but I’m inspired by minimalism in fashion. I love to combine this style with slightly more rock edge garments. Designers/brands that I 
find inspiring are: Celine, Victoria Beckham, Jean-Pierre Braganza and Filippa K.


What is so far your greatest experience in your 'fashion' career?
I just started so I don’t have so much experience as in a “career” but I love the fashion show at the end of my graduation year. I worked hard to create a beautiful collection so it was really nice to see it all come together on the catwalk.

What is on your music list while you are making your collection/creation?
At the moment it is a lot of Nickelback. I’m a die hard “hard rock” fan so you can also include Metallica, Rammstein, Marilyn Manson and Avenged Sevenfold on my list. But I don’t only listen to screeching guitars. I’m also a big Michael Jackson, Jamie Woon and Katzenjammer fan!


What made you smile today?
A photo of duck shaped flowers.



What is the latest thing you bought for yourself?
A nice set of Filippa K basics. Black jeans, black cardi and two white tank tops.


What can we expect from you in the future?
I hope that people will love and understand the concept of my bag label. I would like to see people wear one of a kind D.an.D infinite bags. It would be really inspiring to see my bags combined with different outfits.

 http://www.facebook.com/dandbags
http://www.dandinfinite.com/


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...