vrijdag 1 juni 2012

"Matrix" by Fabia Zindel in the Clash Project

Photo by Christian Metzler
1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
I am Fabia Zindel, I am a textile designer and I am living and working in Basel. My label is called Matrix. I am designing and printing fabrics in my own silk screen printing workshop. I also love to design patterns for surfaces on behalf or architectural projects.



Photo by Matrix
2. What inspires you as a designer/artist? 
I let myself inspire by many opportunities: books, music, people. I like to research in libraries and archives. A very inspiring matter for me is also the sea in wintertime.

3. What is your concept for the Clash Project? 
I wanted to work with materials already available to me: adhesive tape and fabric remnants. I use daily adhesive tape in my silk screen printing atelier. For regards to the Clash Project, I wanted to bring a new appreciation to this consumables.

Photo by Ruedi Wal
4. What is your vision on ‘fashion’? 
I myself wear clothes, that are designed and produced by friends of mine. I know where my clothes come from and under which circumstances they are manufactured. This is luxury. My vison of fashion is in any case linked to sustainability.


5. What do you think will be the challenge in the project? 
As a textile designer I do always work on the surface. The challenge with the Clash Project was the third dimension. The challenge for the model will be, to move with this outfit.





Photo by Christian Metzler

 6. How do you personally define a "fashion clash" or "a clash with fashion" for yourself? 
I think that "fashion" as we understand it today will always be a clash, a collision of different things. We do not only refer to clothes, when we speak about fashion.







Photo by Matrix

 7. What do you expect from FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2012? 
 I expect to "clash" into many nice people.

















Photo by Matrix





























Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...