maandag 4 juni 2012

“Elders” by Femke Agema

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
My name is Femke Agema, I am a fashion designer from Amsterdam. I’m running my own fashion label called Femke Agema.






2. What made you choose fashion design as a profession? What fascinates you about it? 
I like to stretch the boundaries of the field of fashion. And it fascinates me that these boundaries are quite vague.



 


3. If you had to describe your collection in 3 keywords, which would you use?
Venturous, fantastical, and bold.









4. Can you tell us more about the concept behind your collection? For the Spring/Summer 2013 collection I will be presenting at FASHIONCLASH, I wanted to do something with the feeling of being totally free of responsibility, fearless and carefree. Dreaming away to a wonderfully imaginative world where everything is possible. I came up with a metaphor for this state of mind: a hut. A place you build yourself out of stuff you found. I am making an installation, and that forms the starting point for the (partly) wearable clothing collection.




5. What is the name of your collection and how did you come up with it?
The title for the S/S2013 collection is Elders (translation: ‘Elsewhere’). It stands for the imaginative world that you can create building a hut.


6. Where do you go to clear your mind and find inspiration?
To clear my mind I like to take a breath of fresh air and go for a ride on my bike. Or take a shower: that works relaxing and great ideas arise while the water flows. Also on the World Wide Web a lot of inspirational images are within reach.



















Pictures by Roel Determeijer





















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...