donderdag 7 juni 2012

“BEYOND APART” by Hsin Fang Lee

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?)
I am Hsin Fang Lee, I was born and raised in Taipei, Taiwan. Currently, I’m living in London and graduated in BA Womenswear from Central Saint Martins in 2011. I do not know exactly where my dream goes, but one thing is to create beauty.



 
2. Tell us a little bit about the concept behind your collection. 
My concept behind this collection is “peel-off” and “imperfection”. I have always been fascinated by an old rustic surface such as aged walls and vintage leather. They could trace the old memory and also bring me back to the past childhood. I used the same thinking to remake the surface of leather, which defined the new beauty of imperfection. I also want to present the relationship between my design and the affection of peeling off in both, visual and spatiotemporal, parts.

3. What does the name “BEYOND APART” say about your collection? 
Beyond apart……… has something unpredictable.
Beyond apart……… is a sense of imperfect beauty.
Beyond apart……… which I can see possibilities.


4. Can you describe your collection in 3 words? 
Imperfect - beauty, minimal, poetic.


5. What was the biggest challenge in your collection? 
My original image of this collection was pretty raw and rough, but I tried to narrow down the elements in it. Keep the pattern sharp and clean; focus on the details and quality. On the other hand, I had to be very careful in the whole process while I was dealing with leather. I gained more knowledge and skills from it, which is very joyful.


6. Where do you go to clear your head and find inspiration? 
Library, bookshop, and coffee shop.




7. How do you personally define “fashionclash” or “a clash with fashion” for yourself? 
It’s bitter and sweet, it’s good and evil.

















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...