woensdag 30 mei 2012

Theatrical Encounter by Juliette Bogers and Cynthia Jordens

Cut Away The Time Will Tell (fragment)
CUT AWAY THE TIME WILL TELL
Juliette Bogers & Cynthia Jordens

While I am reading J.D. Salingers’s A Perfect Day for Bananafish, sending a text message and, simultaneously, updating my status on facebook, I wonder; how do I use my time? And more specifically, how do I relate to the power of images and information to which I constantly expose myself and which is poured out on me? 
The performance Cut Away The Time Will Tell is situated in a contemporary interior. The dancers represent fragments of scenes from a past which contours slowly, occasionally place a still frame around the present and try to get a grip at a future which is not yet defined.  
Cut Away The Time Will Tell takes away from our contemporary visual culture which is dictated by velocity and visibility. But above all, seeks to make the most precious possession in modern society tangible: time.


Juliette Bogers, 2012 
Concept – Cynthia Jordens
Costume - Juliette Bogers
Dance – Martha Kosieradzka, Isa de Wispelaere, Angela Heranda & Ann-Christin Zimmermann









J.D. Salinger, A Perfect Day for Bananafish, 1948
Check out the Cut Away The Time Will Tell performance at FASHIONCLASH Market #2 at Centre Céramique in Maastricht.

Friday 8 June at 02:00
Saturday 9 June at 02:00 pm and 04:00 pm
Sunday 10 June 02:00 pm





For more info about the FASHIONCLASH Market # 2 here: http://fashionclash.nl/?p=2998





















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...