woensdag 23 mei 2012

“Filipiniana” by Naomi Nagelkerken

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
I’m Naomi Nagelkerken, I’m from Curaçao, but I moved to Holland to study. I’m a Fashion designer. 


2. Tell us a little bit about the concept behind your collection. 
My concept is inspired by the colorful Philippine Jeepneys. 


3. What does the name “Filipiniana” say about your collection. 
This collection shows many different aspects and elements of my own personal Philippine background. 


4. Can you tell us something about your rich and colorful prints? 
All these rich and colorful prints reflect the colors and different designs on Philippine Jeepneys. 


5. What are the delights and difficulties of your work? 
Designing the prints was a delight for me because I was using a lot of colors, which made it exciting for me to do. However, printing the designs on the fabrics was time-consuming for me since it was not produced in Holland, but in Beijing. 


6. If you were to describe your collection in 3 words which ones would you choose? 
Colorful, cultural and joyful. 


7. How do you personally define “fashionclash” or “a clash with fashion” for yourself? 
Giving you the chance as a fashion designer to show what you are interested in.










Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...