woensdag 16 mei 2012

Eef Middendorp gives life to ‘een klein wonder…’

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
My name is Eef Middendorp and my label is called “de l’eefstijl”. I was born, raised and still happy in Eindhoven. 
Eindhoven is not really the most fashionable environment you can think of, but I believe in the ability of creating every little piece out of yourself. The risks of (unconscious) imitation are also not lurking here. Creating new and beautiful things in every kind of way feels like my mission here on earth. I like new experiences, concepts, shapes, images, stories and ways of doing business. Fashion is for me, but making a difference for humanity in this interesting world is the biggest challenge.


2. Tell us a little bit about the concept behind your collection.
“de l’eefstijl” is born. This is where it all begins. 
‘From this start I can grow older. But first I want to be a child, live in a peaceful environment. Playful, pure and originally. Free to be transparent, although I also want to feel the protection that I need, I’m so vulnerable.’ With the next collections I want to keep on translating the stages of life.


3. What was your inspiration for this collection?
The miracle called ‘life’.


4. What does the name “ ‘een klein wonder…’ ” (‘a little miracle’) say about your collection?
Life is given to “de l’eefstijl”. Realize that life is actually a miracle just from its purity and feel how special it is to be here on earth. If you can’t feel it right now, right here, maybe try to go back to your childhood and take a walk through your life. When you are wearing my clothes you can experience the world through the eyes of a child.


5. How is this collection different than the ones you have done before?
This collection is the beginning of a story that will continue for the rest of my carrier as a designer. The collections are going to live their own life. 


6. What are the delights and difficulties of your work?
Following my heart gives me the greatest feeling I can imagine. Having the possibility to create, face challenges, teach my interns, experience victories (either big or small) and make meaning gives me the satisfaction I need. The challenges can be big and stressful and sometimes I have the fear that one day I will be out of ideas. But actually I don’t think that’s possible, so i leave that insecurity behind and just go for it. I wouldn’t want to miss a single thing about all this.


7. How do you personally define „fashionclash“ or „ a clash with fashion“ for yourself?
I see FASHIONCLASH as a perfect opportunity to express yourself as a designer; you wouldn’t be able to organize an event so big and interesting all by yourself. It’s a very efficient meeting place for everyone who is passionate about fashion, we will complement each other. I also see it as an event just to enjoy and celebrate fashion! 



Pictures by Vera van Almen 




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...