maandag 6 juni 2011

Femke Agema

 
Collection SS 2011 by Femke Agema

What is your name? Femke Agema

What is the name of your label? Femke Agema

Where did you study and when did you graduate? I studied at the Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht (Netherlands) and did a Master in Fashion Design at the MaHKU. When I tell you what year I graduated it will make me feel old, so I won't.. ;)

What inspires you as a designer? I think inspiration is a very difficult concept. I can never pinpoint what makes me want to create things. I guess it's just everything around me.


Who is your favorite designer? My favorite designer at the moment is Henrik Vibskov. I like the way he creates a whole new world around his designs during his fashion shows. He dares to think out of the box. I also love to watch what my colleague-young-designers do. I think a lot of graduation collections are so fresh and full of new ideas. They don't have to think about wearability that much yet, and that is what appeals to me. 


Femke in her atelier

You are taking part both in the show and exhibition of FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011. Are your runway designs and the exhibition ones related to each other? What will you bring to FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? During FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011 I will show the spring/summer 2012 collection of my label. The inspiration of this collection is the fear of a group of people who believes the world will come to an end in 2012. But off course I will approach this disastrous theme with a FemkeAgema-twist. Like with the Totem-collection I showed last year, I will present an installation-ish object which I'll show at the FASHIONCLASH-exhibition. I will keep it as a surprise what is exactly, but it is indeed related to the collection that is shown.

You also took part in the previous editions of FASHIONCLASH Maastricht, how do you recall them? I recall the previous editions of Fashionclash with a lot of joy. I had a really good time. It is such a nice feeling to see that all the hard work of making a collection comes together on the runway and to show what you're doing to an interested audience.

What do you expect from the FASHIONCLASH 2011? I expect Fashionclash 2011 to be just as fun and inspiring as the previous edition. I'm very curious about the new location!

What are your goals concerning your career? What are your ambitions? What I would love to achieve in the future is to have more time to make crazy stuff like the totempoles I made last year. But the thing is that it is very hard to make a living out of it. So what my goal is for the coming years is to make collections where I can go crazy with some items or installations, but that the collections also contain cloths that are more wearable and sellable and look appealing for buyers, so I can produce the cloths and save time for art-projects.

SS 2011 by Femke Agema

SS 2011 by Femke Agema

 
Edited by Natalia Serwanska


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...