dinsdag 10 mei 2011

Luciana Teixeira

What is your name? Luciana Teixeira

What is the name of your label? Also Luciana Teixeira

Where did you study and when did you graduate? I studied in CITEX , in Oporto, Portugal and graduated in 2010

What inspires you as a designer? The unexpected inspires me, a song, an image, memories...Usually I never look for inspiration, inspiration always finds me...

Who is your favorite designer? Why? I have too many designers to mention but Christopher Kane, Helmut Lang, Alexander Wang, Gareth Pugh, Luis Buchinho .... They all have different styles but all of them have the ability to transform the simple in something very strong.

What can you bring to FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? A piece of me…

What do you expect from the FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? What I expect from FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011 is a lot of fun, to get to know designers from different countries, to share some ideas and to promote my work.
 
How did your experience with fashion started? When did you decide to be a fashion designer? When I was a little child I used to sit in the sofa in front of tv and draw in a black sketchbook what the actors and actresses were wearing. Then with the help of my grandmother, who is a dressmaker, I started sewing clothes for my dolls and I realized I enjoyed it a lot. When I went to school I lost a bit my passion for fashion and since nobody wanted to be a fashion designer I was planning on studying architecture or something in this direction.

Fortunately one day during the art class we had a visit of a graduate of our school, who went to Brighton, England to study Fashion and she brought some of her work. That day I decided that I wanted to be fashion designer.

What are your goals concerning your career? What are your ambitions? Where do you see yourself in the future? I just want to feel loved for what I do, sell my works and transform my label Luciana Teixeira in something bigger and well respected, but that comes with experience and hard work.


Luciana's collection, sneakpeak 1

 

Luciana's collection, sneakpeak 2




Edited by Natalia Serwanska

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...