zaterdag 28 mei 2011

Gareth Roberts



 What is your name? Gareth Roberts
 What is the name of your label? Gareth Roberts

Where did you study and when did you graduate?
 Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design
(Fashion Design Womenswear) Graduating in 2008

What inspires you as a designer?
Life- The moment I open my eyes each morning!

Who is your favorite designer? Why?
My dearest friend Derek Lawlor. 
Simple- I believe we have the same mission in life…

What can you bring to FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011? Passion, enthusiasm and always a smile! 



What do you expect from the FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2011?
 I love the idea of working with creative people from a wealth of different cultures- I expect fast furious fashion that is fun!

Gareth Roberts Studio

How did your experience with fashion start?
When I spent time as a child at my Grandparents I use to pull all my Grand Mother’s old bed sheets out in her cupboard then with a needle and thread sewed my sister into my creations while making her strut down their kitchen! I was only about 6 or 7 at the time! My great Grandfather was a Savile Row tailor.

When did you decide to be a fashion designer?
 I think sub-consciously when I was creating ‘kiddie Couture’!
While at school I developed a passion for textiles and fabric manipulation that just confirmed my belief in a creative path for myself.

What are your goals concerning your career?
I feel as a designer you should be able to design anything whether it is the layout of a page or a collection I have one goal ‘it needs to be creative and inspiring’.
What are your ambitions?All I have ever wanted was to empower women and make them feel strong, confident and sexy. Everything else is secondary.
Where do you see yourself in the future? On this planet!


For more: http://www.garethjamesroberts.com/

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...